2017 Grassy Hill Songwriting Competition
CT Folk invites singer-songwriters to enter at least two of their compositions in the 2017 Grassy Hill Songwriting Competition! Five finalists will perform two of their submitted songs at the Connecticut Folk Festival and Green Expo on September 9, on New Haven to be judged by a panel of music professionals and DJs. The winner receives $150, performs the winning songs later in the day, and has a guaranteed slot in the next year's festival.
• Solo or duo singer songwriters may enter the competition.
• Songwriters retain all rights to their songs.
• Songs should not exceed 4 minutes, including introduction.
• Songs are judged on the quality of songwriting. Professional recordings not required.
• CT Folk board members, staff and members of their families not eligible for competition.
• Closing date for submissions: March 31, 2017.
• Finalists will be notified by April 30th, 2017.
• Finalists must perform on Saturday, September 9, 2017.
• Finalists are responsible for their own transportation and lodging.
• Professional sound and sound engineer provided. No backline will be provided.
• Solo performers may bring one backup musician for performance.
• Entries should not be in Spotify or Pandora, but in links to files - YouTube, SoundCloud, CD Baby, your website.
• Finalists must provide a hard copy of lyrics to the judges on the day of the festival.
Collaborator Name (if applicable)
Name of Song One
Link to Song One Audio
Name of Song Two
Link to Song Two Audio
Would You Like to Submit a Third and Fourth Song for an Additional $20?
Do Not Fill This Out